Monday 6 December 2021

KNOWLEDGE OF ALLAAH IS LIGHT



 KNOWLEDGE OF ALLAAH IS LIGHT


Imaam ash-Shaafi'ee (رحمه الله) said,

"I complained to Wakee' about the poorness of my memory. So he directed me to abandon disobedience. And informed me that the knowledge of Allaah is light. And that the light of Allaah is not given to the disobedient."¹


Imaam Maalik said to Imaam ash-Shaafi'ee (رحمه الله), 

"I see that Allaah has placed light in your heart so do not extinguish it with the darkness of disobedience."²


¹ Deewaanush-Shaafi'ee (p.88) refer also to Al-Jawaab al-Kaafee of Ibn Al-Qayyim (p.104).

² Al-Jawaab al-Kaafee of Ibn Al-Qayyim (p.104).


Book: The Path To Guidance

By ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah رحمه الله

Translated by Abu 'Iyaad Amjad Rafiq 

Salafi Publications 

P. 53, 54


[To read this text in Spanish Language click here]



No comments:

Post a Comment