Wednesday 12 September 2012

MEMORIZING BY HANGING THINGS ON A WALL


MEMORIZING BY HANGING THINGS ON A WALL


Questioners:
I’m trying to memorize one of the books of Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab and to help me do this, I wrote parts of the book that I’m memorizing on sheets of paper and stuck them on a wall in my room so I see it every day and the Arabic as well as the English translation gets stuck in my head. Would this be wrong seeing as some parts of his book also contain Allaah’s name?
Answer:
Firstly, your way of memorizing is quite strange but if it benefits you then Alhamdulillah. About hanging sheets of paper and the likes that has Allah’s names on the walls are like how the common people do when they hang Ayatul Kursi on the walls for decorations, it is totally illegal as it is a clear bid’ah because Allah said in the Qur’an to recite and practice it, not to decorate the house with it. Some people have other intentions like they do it to get the barakah, this is more dangerous because it is a wrong way to ask protection especially if the decorations have pictures, making it even more haram.
However, you do not have any of these intentions in your situation.  After you finish memorizing, dispose it. This is legal, inshaaAllaah.

No comments:

Post a Comment