Tuesday 20 March 2012

Ibn Taymiyyah beat him so badly the people were sure he was going to die!

Ibn Taymiyyah beat him so badly the people were sure he was going to die!

(While Curing a Possessed Person by Allaah’s Permission)

In his discussion of the practice of beating a possessed person to cure jinn possession, Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have Mercy on him) relates the following:

…He (Ibn Taymiyyah) used to often read into the ear of a possessed person: “Have you then assumed that We have only created you for mere play and that you would not return to Us?” (23:115)

He told me once that he read it into the ear of a possessed person, and the (female) spirit replied, “Yes,” prolonging its pronounciation. 

He said: So I took a stick and beat him with it around the base of his neck until my hands weakened from the beating. Those gathered had no doubt he was going to die from that beating. 

As the beating went on, she (the jinn) said, “I love him.” 

So I said to her, “He does not love you!”

She said, “I want to make Hajj with him.”

So I said to her, “He does not want to make Hajj with you!”

She said, “Then I will leave him in honor of you.”

I said, “No! Rather, (leave him) as an act of obedience to Allaah and His Messenger!”

She said, “OK, I will leave him.”

Then the (possessed) person sat, looking left and right. He said, “What has brought me here in the presence of the shaykh?”

The people asked, “And (have you no recollection of) the whole beating?”

The man replied, “And what would the shaykh beat me for, when I have done nothing wrong?” He had felt nothing whatsoever of the beating!

Source: Zaad al-Ma’aad (4/63 of the 1424 Risaalah printing)

No comments:

Post a Comment