Wednesday 14 March 2012

Checking from where the Sun Rises


Checking from where the Sun Rises

It is reported that Al-Dahhāk said:


How surprising it is that the companions of ‘Abdulāh (ibn Mas’ūd) are looking now to see where the sun rises from. Do they not know that when Fajr comes from a direction, the sun rises from the same?




It is reported that Jundub b. ‘Abdillāh Al-Bajalī said:


I once sought permission to see Hudhayfah three times without being given permission. So I left, but his messenger caught up with me. [When I spoke to Hudhayfah] he asked, “What made you leave?” I replied, “I thought you were sleeping (after Fajr).” He said, “I do not sleep until I see where the sun rises from.” [The narrator] said, “I related this to Muhammad (another narrator), to which he said, ‘More than one of the Companions of Muhammad – Allāh’s praise and peace be upon him – did this.’”


Ibn Abī Shaybah, Kitāb Al-Adab articles 156 and 157.






Source: http://www.sayingsofthesalaf.net/index.php/checking-from-where-the-sun-rises/

No comments:

Post a Comment