Thursday 15 March 2012

He Lost The Woman, and He Lost His Religion

He Lost The Woman, and He Lost His Religion

Ibn al-Qayyim (Rahimahullah) narrated:

It is reported that in Egypt, there was a man who would maintain the mosques, making the call to prayer, etc. He was, by all outward means, an obedient person and devout worshipper.

One day, as he usually would, he ascended the minaret to make the call to prayer. At the base of the minaret, there was a Christian woman standing. He saw her, and was seduced by her looks. So, he descended the minaret, went to her, and entered her home. 

She said to him: “Who are you, and what do you want?”

He replied: “I want you.”
She said: “Why?”
He said: “You have enslaved my eyes, and you have captured my heart.”
She said: “I will never answer your desire in a doubtful or suspicious manner.”
He said: “Ok, so, I will marry you, then.”
She said: “You are a Muslim, and I am a Christian. My father will never allow me to marry you.”
He said: “So, I will become a Christian.”
She said: “If you wish to do so, go ahead.“

So, the man became a Christian in order to marry this woman, and lived with the woman’s family in her house. Later on that day, however, he was on the roof of the house. He fell from the roof and died without even having enjoyed his new bride. So, he lost the woman, and he lost his religion.”

Ad-Da’ wad-Dawa, page.127 of Ibn Al-Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah (Rahimahullaah)

No comments:

Post a Comment