Monday 18 October 2010

The Believer exhaust his Devil



The Believer exhaust his Devil



All praises belong to ALLAH peace and blessings are upon the Messenger of ALLAH, as to what follows


{ALLAH the Exalted says} “For over My servants no authority shall you have“




Some of the Companions said :
{Verily the believer exhausts his devil just like one of you exhausts his camel during travel.}


Exhaust: weaken; meaning they exhaust him making him lose weight.


Thus making him a (nidwan)


And the (nidwu) is animal that has become lean (skinny) though traveling thus it meat has left its body.


Meaning the believer wears out his devil, so he debilitates him and makes him lose weight from his grief and sadness, because he is not able to tempt him.


Just like the person wears out his riding camel during travel and makes it lose weight due to the length of the travel and its hardships.


And this is the condition of the believer with his devil in the constant struggle with him.


He resists his plots and plans and whispers by always being firm upon the obedience of ALLAH the Exalted and Mighty.


And with this ibn Abi Dunya narrates in his book “The plots of the devil” from some of the salaf they said:


Verily a devil meets another devil so he says to him, “Why is it that I see you looking sickly? (Meaning the change is weight)” The (other) devil replies, verily I am with a man that if he eats he remembers the name of ALLAH so I can not eat with him. And if he drinks he remembers the name of ALLAH so I can not drink with him. And if he enters into his home he remembers the name of ALLAH so I am rejected outside of the house.


The other devil says, but as for me then I am with a man if he eats he does not remember ALLAH so he and I eat together, and if he drinks he does not remember ALLAH so I drink with him, and when he enters his home he does not remember ALLAH so I enter with him.

Taken from: http://www.salafitalk.net/st/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=11&Topic=4703
Source in arabic: http://www.sahab.net/sahab/showthread.php?threadid=323391

No comments:

Post a Comment