Umm Sulaym as mother
Umm Sulaym (may Allah be pleased with her) accepted Al-Islam and she mentioned that:
Abu Anas came after being away and he said: “You have become one who has no religion.” She responded by saying: “I did not, rather I believe in this man.” She began to teach Anas; she would say to him: say: “Laa Ilaaha Illallaah”, say “I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah.” Anas ibn Maalik (may Allah be pleased with him) said it. His father said to her: “Do not corrupt my son.” She would respond by saying: "Indeed I am not corrupting him."
Benefits from this:
1. The companions of the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) used to command their children with the Tawheed of Allah and the following of the Sunnah of the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam).
2. When a parent accepts Islam, the parent should encourage the child/children to say the two testimonies of faith.
3. Refuting those who speak ill of Islam.
4. Teaching Islam does not corrupt the people, rather it brings about the rectification of the people.
5. The enemies of Islam of the past sought to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths by speaking ill of Islam and distorting the image of Islam.
6. The enemies of Islam today use the same tactics, which they have learned from their evil predecessors, against the call of Islam.
7. The command to save oneself and family from the hell-fire was being implemented by Umm Sulaym.
8. Umm Sulaym is one of the good examples from the Sahaabiyyaat of a mother.
Source: Siyar A’laam an-Nubalaa 2/305